These delicious wine roasted vegetables will boost your veg intake for the day and add colour to any meal
Vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten-free, easy, healthy
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Total time: 40 mins
Take your veggies to the next level with this wine roasted vegetables side dish. It’s loaded with different coloured vegetables for a wide range of nutrients. White wine, vegetable stock ad a hint of thyme add amazing flavour.
You can really throw any veggies you like into this dish, so it’s great for clearing out the fridge. However, more delicate veg like asparagus or tenderstem broccoli are best added near the end along with the wine.
This dish is amazing with mashed potato and gravy. It makes a good addition to a traditional Sunday roast dinner. Try keeping some leftovers to eat cold with hummus and bread or in a salad the next day.
- 1 large carrot (sliced)
- 1 large parsnip (chopped)
- 1 courgette (sliced)
- 1 red onion (quartered)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4 Brussel sprouts (trimmed, peeled & halved)
- 1 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 100ml white wine
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Dried thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Handful of olives (optional)
- Heat your oven to 200 C, drizzle your biggest baking tray or roasting tin with olive oil
- Spread the carrots, parsnip, courgette, sprouts, onion, tomatoes and yellow pepper (all the veg except the olives) out on the baking tray, drizzle more olive oil on top and sprinkle with thyme, cayenne, salt and pepper
- Roast for 20 mins, shake or turn the vegetables half way through
- Add the wine, stock, squeeze of lemon and olives (if using), and return to the oven for 10 minutes
Try serving this this with my spinach, scallion and garlic mashed potato.